Return to Featured Properties
30 Halkin Lane, Berkeley 94708 - Sold
Offered at: $1,450,000
VIEW A PHOTO TOUR
This gracious home was built in 1933 by Milton Scott Bonds, who built several other homes in the neighborhood. Bonds-built homes are generally characterized by exceptionally sturdy construction and lovely details.
30 Halkin Lane, located between Spruce Street and Cragmont Avenue, enjoys big Bay views and wonderful details: distinctively arched doorways, handcrafted beams in the living room, clinkerbrick fireplace (reportedly the bricks were originally ship ballast), fine hardwood floors, grand windows, and large-scaled rooms.
Recent improvements include substantial foundation and seismic retrofit work, re-worked tile roof, seamlessly expanded and remodeled kitchen (designed by Jarvis Architects and executed by Rutherford & Singlestad Builders), skylights, fine wrought iron details, restored light sconces in dining room and living room, a hot tub, and rebuilt retaining walls at the rear of the property.
Email Carolyn for more information
- Three bedrooms, three full baths
- Wine cellar and separate wine tasting room in lower level
- Bonus rooms including small 4th bedroom or study on the main floor, media room and large "ballroom" on lower level
- Viking kitchen appliances and custom cabinetry in kitchen
- Central kitchen island with second sink
- Views from kitchen, breakfast room, living room and dining room as well as west-facing bedrooms
- Solar panels for electricity, Most windows are new dual pane windows
- On demand hot water heater with "ChiliPepper" booster system for instant and endless supply
- Two-car garage with automatic openers and interior access
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed